As you know, winter can cause seasonality induced dips in your business. With fewer people riding their bikes, business can slow down significantly. But there are a number of things you can do to reduce winter seasonality trends and maintain a steady stream of income.
Here are a few tips:
- Offer winter-specific services. Many cyclists need their bikes tuned up or repaired before putting them away for the winter. You can offer winterising services at a discounted rate to encourage people to bring their bikes in. You can also offer services like storage and maintenance plans for the winter months.
- Market your services to commuters and year-round cyclists. There is still a significant number of people who ride their bikes year-round, especially commuters. Make sure your website and marketing materials are targeting these potential customers. You can also offer discounts or loyalty programs to encourage repeat business.
- Expand your range of services. In addition to bike repair and maintenance, you can also offer other services such as wheel building, custom bike fitting, and e-bike repair. Expanding your range of services can help you attract new customers and generate additional revenue.
- Get involved in the community. Sponsor local cycling events, offer free bike safety clinics, or partner with local bike shops to offer discounts on parts and accessories. Getting involved in the community will help you raise awareness of your business and build relationships with potential customers.
Here are some additional tips that may be helpful:
- Offer online booking and payment options. This will make it easier for customers to schedule appointments and pay for services, even if you're not in the shop.
- Provide a mobile repair service. This can be a great way to attract customers who don't have time to bring their bikes to the shop.
- Sell bike parts and accessories. This can be a good way to generate additional revenue and make it easier for customers to get the parts they need.
- Offer gift certificates. This is a great way to encourage customers to purchase services for themselves or their loved ones in the future.
By following these tips, you can reduce winter seasonality trends and maintain a steady stream of income year-round.